Doc.dr. Ahmet Šantić, LL.B.
Datum: 6.12.2012 0:00:00
He was born on March 2, 1963 in Mostar. After the high school he graduated from the Law Faculty of University „Džemal Bijedić” in Mostar in 1986. In the period 1986 – 2000 he worked at the Ministry of interior of Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina – CSB Mostar.
He passed professional-administrative exam in 1990.
In the period from 2000 to November 26, 2012 he worked in the Legislative Office of the Herzegovina-Neretva canton Government.
At the Law faculty of the Sarajevo University on October 26, 2004 he received his Master’s degree on topic “Legal frameworks of entry and residence of foreigners in Bosnia and Herzegovina”.
At the Law faculty of the “Dzemal Bijedic” University Mostar on October 16, 2009 he received his Ph. degree on topic “Electoral right in Bosnia and Herzegovina in context of electoral systems of modern European countries”.
He participated in implementation of all elections in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1996 as member of polling station committee and president of polling station committee. In 2001 he was elected member of the Municipal Election Commission Mostar Old Town, and in the period from 2004 until February 2012 he was member of the City Election Commission of Mostar City.
He attended all professional-expert conferences organized by the BiH Central Election Commission and Association of Election Officials in Bosnia and Herzegovina, as a moderator or presenter.
Last fifteen years of his carrier he actively dedicated to implementation of elections not neglecting theoretical aspect of this significant area of constitutional, namely political system. He dedicated his Ph.D. dissertation to electoral systems of more than thirty European states, and at the end of the paper he discussed development of electoral system in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1990 making a comparison with achievements of electoral systems of the states he researched, proposing certain solutions he found to be applicable to improving electoral process in BiH. After being appointed a docent, he published the book “Electoral right – experience of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the European countries” adapted to all who are interested in election process, from political subjects, academic community to the electorate in general.
In magazine “Legal thought” he published the following articles:
- „Some aspects of local and regional authority with focus on Herzegovina-Neretva canton“,
- „State sovereignty and citizenship as liming factors of free entry, movement and residence of foreign citizens“,
- “Sources of electoral rights in context of international documents of human rights“.
- As member of the Association of Election Officials in BiH, he was co-lecturer to high school students from BiH on topic “Accession to EU”, Sarajevo May 19, 2006.
- At the Law Faculty of University “Džemal Bijedić” in Mostar he was co-lecturer at Administrative Law.
- At Faculty of Civil Engineering of University “Džemal Bijedić” in Mostar he was lecturer at Law and Legal Regulations.
- He was elected a docent.
- He is register in Registry of Scientific Institutions and Science-research Cadre in the BiH Federation.
Married, father of two children.